Terms And Conditions
Please read these Terms of Service (“Terms”, “Terms of Service”) carefully before using the http://kingcityremovals.co.nz website (the “Service”) operated by kingcityremovals.co.nz Your access to and use of the Service is conditioned on your acceptance of and compliance with these Terms. These Terms apply to all visitors, users and others who access or use the Service.
By accessing or using the Service you agree to be bound by these Terms. If you disagree with any part of the terms then you may not access the Service.
We may terminate or suspend access to our Service immediately, without prior notice or liability, for any reason whatsoever, including without limitation if you breach the Terms.
All provisions of the Terms which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability.
Some parts of the Service are billed on a subscription basis (“Subscription(s)”). You will be billed in advance of any billing subscription.
Our Service allows you to post, link, store, share and otherwise make available certain information, text, graphics, videos, or other material (“Content”). You are responsible for the
King City Removals is a wholly owned subsidiary of :
CONDITIONS OF MOVING
- a) Strictly Cash or card on completion for ALL moves. Please note Visa and MasterCard will attract 3% processing fee.
- Liability & Public Liability.
- a) All goods are carried solely at “Owners Risk” as defined under the contract and Commercial law Act 2017 Section 250. Subsection (1) a. These goods are to be carried at the owner’s risk. Therefore, the carrier will pay no compensation if goods are lost/damaged unless the carrier intentionally loses or damages them. We can tailor full transit insurance for both household and commercial movers from New Zealand’s leading transit insurance providers. Minimum insurable value starts from $10,000 up to $5 mil. In addition, We provide Cover for Public Liability.
- b) Our team provides the utmost care and attention to your property. However, there remains a risk of scruffs to internal walls and stairwells, especially with the larger furniture and whiteware items. As this risk is very low, all work carried at either loading or unloading site will be carried out at “Owners Risk” and is un-insurable.
- c) Damage caused by our vehicles to driveways, public footpaths, underground pipelines, cables, sewerage, and similar underground installations, and overhanging power or telephone lines are un-insurable. Should our staff be instructed by the Owner, Consignor, Consignee or Shipper, or any person acting on their behalf to drive any of our vehicles across an area where such damage is likely to occur, compliance with such instructions will not in any way involve the Company or its Insurers in responsibility for any subsequent damage which may be sustained. Such responsibility will rest solely in the hands of the Owner, Consignor, Consignee, or Shipper.
- d) All bookings are carried out on a “best-effort” basis. We aim to make it on time for every booking. However, we sometimes inevitably run delays. But, our team will not be held liable for personal or business losses arising from such delays in any way.
- Carrier’s Lien.
- a) King City Removals shall have a contractual lien, both particular and general over the debtors goods and assets. This includes all charges, costs, fees, and other liabilities that are due and payable to King City Removals in relation to work carried out on behalf of the debtor. The debtor shall indemnify King City Removals upon demand for all claims by any third party for any losses resulting from King City Removals retaining possession of the debtor’s goods and assets and for all costs and expenses incurred by King City Removals in connection with such proceedings or actions, including but not limited to legal costs and enforcement costs.
- a) Defaults will incur collection, legal and administrative charges for added time and resources required to resolve the account. An interest rate of 25 % per annum compounding monthly will be charged.
- b) However, we reserve the right to recover any materials used in the relocation process in the event of default. This includes, but is not limited to, any packing materials and supplies used. We will not be held liable for any damages to the property during this recovery process. The debtor will be held liable for all costs incurred in this recovery process in addition to any damages to third party property which may ensue.
- Cancellations and Delays.
- a) Minimum cancellation fees of 10% will apply for all PREPAID bookings with 7 days notice.
- b) Minimum cancellation fees of 25% will apply for all PREPAID bookings with less than 7 days notice. The actual cancellation fee will be determined by the lateness of notice. In addition to, other factors such as time and costs incurred in reserving capacity and making arrangements on our end.
- c) King City Removals will make every effort to carry out your move as scheduled at the time of booking. However, delays can occur for a range of reasons. Including but not limited to bad weather conditions, delays in moves booked prior, mechanical breakdowns, technical issues, and traffic delays. Scheduled start times cannot be guaranteed and King City Removals will not be responsible for paying any costs or expenses you may incur as a result of the delay or cancellation.
- Conditions Of Storage.
The Storer (CLIENT):
(a) Accepts that the only purpose of the space provided by King City Removals to the Storer is for storing Goods. No other services are provided or responsibilities are taken by King City Removals.
(b) Is deemed to be aware of the Goods in the allocated space.
(c) Accepts that the agreement does not grant the Storer a lease or interest in the space.
(d) Warrants that they are the owner of the Goods in the allocated space and/or are authorized agents for the true owner/s of the Goods in the allocated space.
(e) Accepts that King City Removals has the right to enter into the allocated space at any time without notice.
(f) Accepts that only King City Removals and its employees are permitted to make deliveries and removals from the allocated Space unless agreed otherwise in writing. However, Any requests for third party access must be made in writing by the Storer to King City Removals.
King City Removals is entitled to claim a general lien over the Goods in the allocated Space for any unpaid Fees, Costs or Expenses.
- Fees, Costs, And Expenses.
(a) The Storer is responsible for prompt payment to King City Removals. This includes all Storage Fees and charges agreed upon at commencement.
(b) The Storage Fee is payable in advance. Therefore, it is the Storer’s responsibility to ensure that payment is made directly to King City Removals. This must be on time, in full, throughout the period of storage.
(c) However, A Late Payment Fee of $15 becomes payable each time a payment is missed.
(d) In conclusion, The Storer is responsible for any costs or expenses incurred by King City Removals in collecting late or unpaid Storage Fees. In addition, maintaining the Goods, selling the Goods in the enforcement of a lien, or in enforcing this Agreement in any way. This includes but is not limited to postal, telephone, debt collection, advertising, and/or the default action (plus legal costs on client/solicitor basis) costs.
(e) The Storer accepts that, in the event of the Storage Fee, Cost, Expenses or any other money owing under this Agreement, not being paid in full within fourteen (14) days of the due date, King City Removals may, without further notice, enter the Space, by force or else, retain the Deposit (if any) and/or sell or dispose of any Goods in the Space on such terms that King City Removals may decide.
In addition, King City Removals may also require payment of default action costs. This includes any Costs or Expenses associated with accessing the Storer’s Space, maintaining the Goods, and disposal or sale of the Storer’s Goods. Any excess amounts of money recovered by King City Removals on disposal will be returned to the Storer. In the event that the Storer cannot be located, the excess money will be deposited with the Public Trustee or equal authority.
- Risk And Responsibility.
(a) No failure or delay by King City Removals to exercise its rights under the Agreement will operate to reduce those rights.
(b) The Storer agrees to indemnify King City Removals from all claims in contract, tort or otherwise for any loss or damage to the property or person injury to:
- third parties; and/or
- The true owner of the Goods stored in the allocated space.
- Goods are stored at Storer’s risk and King City Removals does not provide insurance cover for Goods in allocated space. It is the Storer’s responsibility to arrange their own insurance.
(a) Either party may terminate this agreement by giving the other party 7 days notice.
(b) Upon termination, the Storer must arrange for all goods in the allocated Space to be removed. However, stored must also leave Space in a clean condition and in a good state of repair satisfactory to King City Removals on date specified.
(c) In conclusion, the Storer must pay any pending monies and any charges on default or other monies owed. Payable to King City Removals up to the date of termination or clause 2(a) will apply.
If anything in this license agreement is unenforceable, illegal or void, after that it is severed and the rest of the license agreement remains in force and effect.
Notice will need to be given in writing via email or posted to the address of the Storer. However, the Storer may also give notice over the phone given they are authorized to do so.